Thursday, April 3, 2014

PLN'n with #michEd



Over the last few years I have been hearing more and more about Twitter chat groups. The only thing that I could picture was this scene from Napoleon Dynamite. One week ago I joined #michEd. That first week I simply stalked the feed and I liked what I read. Teachers talking about good teaching, sharing positive stories, collaborating on ideas, sharing materials and resources! What? I know! 

I feel that somehow teachers have gotten away from sharing the positive, sharing what works for them, and asking for help when they need it. However, #michEd (like I am sure many other chat groups) was a happy place full of positive people sharing. Some even just checking into say "Hi" and then leaving because of other obligations. 

Last night I decided to take a more active roll in the chat. As I tried to post my thoughts I found myself a little slow to get my responses out. Others were beating me to the punch. I made this comment to #michEd host Jeff Bush and this is how he responded:






HOOKED! I have found my first PLN. I came away with more professional connections and some great new ideas in only one hour! I look forward to making more connections to some great teachers in Michigan and hopefully once I get a better hang of the chat I will be able to contribute more (and a little quicker). Now if someone could just tell me what Ss and Ts stand for?? 


   Thanks #michEd, Ann Smart





No comments:

Post a Comment